WOMEN IN FACTORIES ADVANCED TRAINING SOUTH ASIA ENDLINE REPORT
Publication Date: 31/07/2017
Women in Factories (WIF) is an initiative of the Walmart Foundation’s Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Program:
• The Advanced Training curriculum was developed by CARE International.
• The AT course requires 99 hours of training.
• There are 5 main training units.
• Topics include health and nutrition; functional literacy and personal finance; communication; gender, social status and relationships; and leadership.
• The WIF Advanced Training was introduced in India and Bangladesh in 2012.
• The Walmart Foundation’s delivery partners are CARE in Bangladesh and Swasti in India.